Please note that the use of the Application and Website are also subject to the End User Service Agreement for the Usewalter Platform available at: usewalter.com/terms-conditions/, which form an integral part hereof.
We work closely with your property manager and various merchants from which you may purchase goods and/or services. Your property manager and merchants may have additional policies and practices relating to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information, and terms and conditions applicable to their dealings with you. These should be reviewed by you prior to your making personal information available and using the integrated functionalities of the Application and Website.
- Personal Information
You may refuse or withdraw your consent for us to use your personal information. If you do, we will record your choices and will advise you how your choices impact our ability to serve and interact with you.
- Notification of Changes
- Collection of Information
Personal information is collected from you when you access the Application and/or Website; for example, when you create an account, place an order for our services, sign up to receive emails or make an inquiry. Personal information may include any of the following information:
- Email address
- Secondary email address
- Mobile Phone number
- Home Phone number
- Office Phone number
- Preferred language
- Emergency contact
- Type of resident (tenant, owner, family member)
- License plate
- Unit information
- Full address
- Floor Number
- Square feet
- Surface rate (%)
- Number of rooms
- Wifi password
- Plan image
- Monthly condo fees
- Rent amount
- Rent start date
- Rent end date
- Account statements
- Intercom code
- Buzz code
- Has an alarm system
- Has a dog
- Lease agreement
- Insurance files
- Registry Number
- Surface rate (%)
- Cadastre number
- Access keys
We keep your personal information as long as necessary for us to complete our dealings with you or otherwise as may be required or authorized by law. In addition, all information pertaining to the order / purchase history is maintained by Usewalter for a period of seven (7) years; including without limitation, name of person placing an order, time order is placed, details of orders, frequency of orders, purchase amounts, address for delivery orders, mobile phone number, type of credit card used and 4 last digits of credit card.
- How we use your personal information
We use your personal information:
- To assist us in developing and enhancing our services, Website and Application, to conduct market analysis and strategic planning and to determine your eligibility to receive offers for special features, promotions, and products;
- To provide you with information about our services and respond to your questions and concerns;
- To provide you with updates and notifications;
- to try to understand our visitors’ behavior and preferences;
- to provide you with services;
- to process orders and transactions;
- to personalize your experience on the Website and Application;
- to keep track of and analyze your purchases, transactions, account activity, payment history, etc.;
- to provide support, maintenance and incident resolution services;
- to make offers to you to; and
- to manage the load on our servers.
Your failure to provide certain personal information to us may justify our refusal to process an order for services offered through the Application and/or Website. We give access to your personal information only to those employees who require it to provide our services.
- Disclosure to Third Parties
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties except in the limited circumstances described below, as permitted by applicable legislation or with your express permission. These third parties are limited by law or by contract from using the information for secondary purposes beyond the purposes for which the information is shared.
- We may disclose your information to assist us in conducting or co-operating in investigations of fraud or other illegal activity where we believe it is reasonable and appropriate to do so.
- We may disclose information in response to a subpoena, warrant, court order, or as otherwise required to by law.
- We may disclose information to our parents, affiliates and subsidiaries to the extent necessary to provide our services.
- We may disclose information to your property manager or merchants to the extent necessary to provide our services.
- If we amalgamate or merge with or are acquired by another company, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Application and Website of any change in ownership or uses of data comprising your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information. In any event, you consent to the transfer of data comprising your personal information to any third party that proposes to acquire and/or acquires all or substantially all of Usewalter’s business or its online commerce operations or the Application or Website and agree that we may transfer or sell data comprising your personal information to the new owner.
We may also transfer or disclose aggregate or non-personal information about your activities on the Application and Website to third parties for marketing, advertising, business intelligence services (including analytical consultation services) or other lawful purposes.
- Tracking Technologies/Cookies
We may also collect non-identifiable information whenever you access the Application and/or Website such as device addresses and access times. We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the Application and Website, to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole and to prevent fraud. We do not link this automatically-collected data to personal information.
- Social Media Features
- Access to your information
You have the right to access, correct, delete or update any personal information that we hold about you. Any access request may be subject to a nominal fee towards our efforts in providing you with details of the personal information that we hold about you. We may ask you to verify your identity and for more information about your request. To obtain a copy of, correct, delete or update any of the personal information that we hold about you please contact us via the details below.
C’est la volonté expresse des parties que la présente convention ainsi que les documents qui s’y rattachent soient rédigés en anglais. It is the express wish of the parties that this Agreement as well as all documents related thereto be drafted in English.
- Contacting us
Mail: 3500 de Maisonneuve Blvd #1100 Montreal, Qc H3Z 3C1
Attn: Privacy Officer